Monday, February 23, 2009

For two years every evening my daughter and I settle into my bed to read the Bible. I read it to her, and we stop frequently to discuss things that come up. It's such a precious time to me. When we're done reading she always asks, "Can we talk now?"

And the talks that we have can be serious, or goofy, but they too are precious.

She turned 13 last week. That's an incredible milestone. But every night she still says, "Lets go read the Bible and talk now".

And that is the greatest gift the Lord has ever given me. I know it won't always be like this. There will come a time when we won't read the Word every night. But I'm so grateful for this time that we have together. So grateful that she still /wants/ me to read to her, and that she still wants to talk every night before we sleep.

God is so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say "it won't always be like this" ... well I disagree.

First off you need to start making that statement a positive - I'm a strong believer in "what you say is what happens" so perhaps change it to 'I look forward to these sessions continuing until she leaves home'.

Secondly, let me point you at the example of my son. He's 19 and in Uni now but still loves nothing better than to phone us and chat about nothing and then in full hearing of his friends tell us he loves us.

So it can happen :)

Cindy said...

Thank yo Stuart! You are so right! I'm grateful that you took the time to respond.

There is power in what we declare, thank you.

God Bless you and your family. Living in Faith with Joy is new to me, so I still struggle with my faith. But you have helped to point this out to me and again - I'm grateful!!

God is so GOOD! :)