Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Year of Leaning Forward

Our Senior Pastor Jeff Leake started the tradition of 'naming your year' with is wife. It's a cool idea that allows you to give the coming year a 'theme'.

Last year I named my year "Diligence and the Holy Spirit". I was trying to be diligent not only in my faith, but also in my work, and personal life. And I was seeking to become ever closer to the Holy Spirit.

This year is going to be the Year of "Leaning Forward". This phrase "Leaning Forward" has been used around our Church for some time. Pastor Jeff uses it and a very dear friend of mine even named her Blog after the concept. And I feel sad that I do not know the name of the person who originated the phrase with this particular definition so that I can credit him with this clever verbiage.

Our definition of "Leaning Forward" means to lean forward INTO the arms of God. I don't want to lean back into his arms, I want to lean forward aggressively. I want to have that kind of faith.

So here is to the new year, and my Year of Leaning Forward into your arms Lord, trusting in you in all the situations of my life. I will not be prey for any spirit of fear, but I will trust that your Grace is sufficient for me. Amen.

No comments: