Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Prayers



Today I pray for the hurting, the despised, the lonely, and the desperate. For my children. And I pray for Peace on Earth.

There is so much to pray for. And sometimes when I pray I begin to despair - until I think of the man who left the right hand of God to become a baby in the must humble of circumstances. To walk amongst us and die so that this world would not remain cloaked in darkness. He came so that his light would shine for each and every one of us even when we are unworthy. So that we - no matter how much we hurt, no matter how much we are despised, no matter how lonely or desperate we are - we can come home to him and find solace, joy and peace in his arms.

So while it's good to pray, it's even better to praise because our God lives outside of time and space!! No matter your circumstance right here and now this Christmas, God sees the end game, and if we but believe our end game is glorious!!

Thank you Father for Christmas. I don't deserve it, but I accept your forgiveness and your love and there alone I find joy.

May the joy of the Lord be your strength during this season and always. Merry Christmas.

No comments: