Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Email from the Past

When I first became a Christian I sent myself an email scheduled to arrive 1 year down the road. I wrote about how I was feeling, told myself about about my typical day which brought into focus exactly what my reality was back then. And I encouraged myself not to give up, because God had never give up on me. When I received that email I celebrated just how far I'd come on my walk with the Lord in that short period of time.

I sent myself another on that day scheduled to arrive 1 year later, and I just received that email yesterday.

It's amazing to receive email from your former self. It's encouraging to see how far you've come. And it's great to know that God was with you then, and he's with you now.

I surprisingly found that I was proud of past myself. Proud of how I've been working so hard to draw closer to our Creator. And so happy that every single day he draws me even closer.

Before I knew Christ I honestly hated myself. God has changed me so much, and these emails and words of encouragement from my past self have become precious to me.

Give it a try. It's rather amazing: http://www.futureme.org/

No comments: