Monday, June 30, 2008

Why I now love Church (when I used to hate it)


This article fills me with joy. It makes me know that there are other Churches out there with the same philosophy that I have found here at APC.


When I first started coming here I remember telling everyone "They don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk." And they do. We do. :-)

I used to hate 'The Church'. 'The Church' drove me away from Christianity. I saw it as a place full of hypocrites who loved to pat one another on the back and laud their holier-than-thou attitude over all the rest of us sinners down there in the muck.

Yep, I'm a sinner, but I'm no longer down in the muck. I've been raised, and cleansed, and reborn in Christ Jesus, not by my actions or my will but by his grace. My purchase was not cheap. It cost him no less than his life and his very blood.

And if we can all remember that, then we're happy to get back out there in the muck again. It won't stick to us any longer. It can't, because we have been saved.

I want to live like Jesus. I want to rub elbows with the unclean, because Jesus is for EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy!
How long have you had this blog?
I am so thankful that God brought you & Molly to APC & my life especially! XOXOXO